Perkins Classic Brailler with Leather Dust Cover
Developed at Perkins School for the Blind in 1951, the Perkins Brailler continues to be used worldwide. Durable, built to last and reliable, it can emboss 25 lines with 42 cells on an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper.
* Colors vary between grey or blue depending upon availability.
- Includes leather dust cover and wooden eraser.
- Durable and well built (known to last for decades)
- Adjustable margin guides that can be moved right and left to accommodate paper size
- Designed for ease of use and there are fewer errors compared to Brailing while using a slate and stylus
- Weight: 10.6 lb (4.8 kg)
- Paper size maximum: 11.5" x 14" (29.2 x 35.6 cm)
- Recommended paper weight: 90 lb
- Key pad is an ergonomic design for ease of typing; Perkins keyboard standard
- Bell: Audible bell sounds 7 spaces before end of line
- Braille produced by the Perkins Brailler conforms to the American National Library Service for the Blind Size and Spacing Standard.
Perkins Brailler dot spacing and height:
* Dot height: .019 in (.5 mm)
* Dot diameter: .057 (1.4 mm)
* Dot spacing: .09 in (2.3 mm)
* Character spacing: .24 in (6 mm)
* Line spacing: .4 in (10 mm)
For The Adobe PDF Formatted Perkins Classic Brailler Spec Sheet: Click Here.
For The Adobe PDF Formatted Perkins Classic Brailler Instructions: Click Here.
You can get Adobe's free PDF Reader
Plain Text Format: Click Here to download the Perkins Classic Brailler instructions in TXT format. This format can be used by screen readers as well as any text to speech player or OCR.
Review this Product
This product has not yet been reviewed.